Many people have often heard about cloud migration and cloud transformation. Well, these two terms define two different meanings. Cloud Migration means transforming an organization’s digital assets, services, database, software, applications, and all IT resources that are moved into the cloud either partially or completely. Cloud migration is a significant step in Cloud transformation as it is a broader concept.
Whereas Cloud Transformation means an entire cycle of digital innovation from end-to-end improvements in an organization’s past, present and future applications & its infrastructure, data and analytics, cloud security, cost optimization, software programs, and internal/external stakeholders data, the whole is transformed digitally on a cloud.
6 in 10 CxOs say cloud computing has improved security, as 60% of C-Suite executives have found cloud transformations have helped them in cost savings, scalability, ease of maintenance, and speed, according to Oracle.
Let’s see for what purpose Cloud Transformation is required and its benefits and best practices to make it a success:
Purpose of Cloud Transformation:
When an organization starts over to think about its cloud transformation journey, it must be made clear like scalability they are at present and its future business goals. Some of the purposes could be:
1. For small-scale businesses, the focus could be on developing business domains over more geographical boundaries and building strong foundation capabilities for effortless scalability.
2. For large institutions, the scenario might be different. It could be creating a basis for building workloads, modernization of data analytics, and a strong mechanism to support huge IT infrastructure and services in the cloud environment.
3. For mid-scale organizations, the purpose of cloud transformation could be quick scalability, higher performance, greater agility, adoption of approaches for richer external capabilities, better strategy formulation, and more.
So the purpose could vary from organization to organization but the main focus of every organization is fulfilled by cloud transformation such as business goals alignments, metrics establishment for monitoring and optimization, and tapping on data governance solutions that can drive good decision-making strategies.
Benefits of Cloud Transformation:
There are no limits to leveraging so many benefits of cloud transformation for organizations. Let’s have a look at those:
1. Excellent Operational Efficiency:
Once you begin your cloud transformation journey, an authorized person will be able to access data in just one click, boost the flow of data processes, easily facilitate real-time communication, eliminate data silos, and enhance data analytical abilities across the whole organization. Furthermore, the authorities could only focus on bringing innovative tech solutions rather than worrying about data infrastructure and its maintenance.
2. Hassle-Free Data Security:
Cyber attacks are not a new term for many organizations these days. The chances of data theft, phishing, and malware are turned into the biggest concern for all organizations at every scale. Furthermore, when the data is on-premises, the chances of cyber attacks are more than that stored on the cloud. With cloud transformation, the data is secured via encryption, and layers of security are added to make it difficult for attackers to gain access. Other than this, the cloud hosting features offer multiple data backup options to decrease downtime significantly in case of system failure.
3. Cost Management At Its Best:
An organization always bears high prices for getting the right resources at the right time at the right place even if it fails to use those resources at their highest potential. By having cloud transformation services, a business can not only terminate capital expenses but also remove the cost of having physical infrastructure at every scale. The expenses for all its maintenance can also be reduced and the border aspects could be discovered more quickly.
4. Easy Scalability Opportunities:
The rise of competition is always a topic to consider for every organization. And to keep up that pace of scaling opportunities for staying in the marketplace is always necessary. Cloud transformation services help to establish a key differentiating factor for easy scaling and managing all the resources for months and years.
5. Seamless Collaboration:
For multiple time zones, multiple teams and multiple work projects could be run under Cloud Transformation simultaneously. For any organization’s success, the most important part is having seamless collaboration that boosts productivity across many cross-functional teams and they can get access to any information anytime.
Without investing any amount of time or money on additional complex infrastructure, organizations could easily develop, test and deploy their applications on multiple platforms by enabling cloud transformation. Advanced prototype functions will help to set up the right cloud computing resources that fit right into the cloud environments.
With the help of proper strategic planning and its execution, here are some best practices to make sure that the cloud transformation process is successfully implemented:
1. An in-depth understanding of cutting-edge competition helps to grow different perspectives in strengthening an organization and eradicating the weak points. It encourages the future allocation of resources for optimum performance.
2. Entire acknowledgment of goals and strategies for bringing any kind of transformation to a business model. Organizations must determine their present and future perspective goals and roadmap before beginning any new journey. It helps to smoothen the workflow strategically with documentation of every system and process.
3. Know high-quality cloud hosting Platforms for a business cloud transformation roadmap. There are plenty of options available for cloud hosting but choosing the best one that fits business goals is less. So for long-term valuable outputs, administrative support, technology compatibility, newest updates, easy deployments, and stability, analyze the best hosting platforms and ask your cloud service provider to execute the same.
4. Qualitative metrics for monitoring and optimization are essential to consider for a successful cloud transformation after its deployment. Real-time metrics measurement helps to keep track of all records and enhances the user experience at a better level. Organizations can focus on consistently value-adding with proper metrics to evaluate system performance and eradicate issues at prior.
5. Leveraging Data Governance Solutions is important before introducing cloud transformation in businesses. The current data governance policies and processes should be made clear and robust data governance policies/processes should be configured for their methods, responsibilities, and ways to incorporate new cloud-based data transformation.
6. Unleashing security gaps and compliances should be the beginning move to minimize the common risk associated with cloud transformation. A user must be prepared in advance for resolving any issues coming into the cloud environment and respond more quickly to such issues.
Get into the future of cloud transformation with Aarav Solutions.
Gartner estimates that in 2023, the global end-user spending on public clouds will reach over $599 billion, up from $421 billion in 2021 and nearly $500 billion in 2022. Unlock the new growth opportunities with cloud transformation and scale more effectively to meet up the customer demand with Aarav Solutions expertise solutions as a cloud consulting services provider. Explore the unlimited potential in the most cost-efficient way and get top-notch digital transformation for seamless capabilities, robust services, automated tools, exclusive insights, security analytics, error scanning, data compliances, and more.
Know more about us from